Instant Pot Dairy Free Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Chicken and Gnocchi soup is a super delicious, very popular recipe. This version, is a healthy, alternative to the dairy version, by simply subbing the cream or half and half with cashew cream! Yes! Cashew cream. We love using cashew cream as a heavy cream/half and half replacement. It’s super easy to whip up and still so creamy and delicious!
Now, we aren’t always dairy free, but with soups like this swapping the dairy based cream, for cashew cream is usually always a go to for us! You never lose that creaminess that makes this soup so delicious, if you haven’t tried cashew cream you should!
Instant Pot®️ Dairy Free Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs
- 3 carrots julienned
- 1 onion minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups water
- 2 heaping tbsp better than bouillon Chicken flavor
- 6 Springs Fresh Thyme minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley minced
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach
- 1 lb gnocchi
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Whole cashews
- 1 cup Hot water
- Add two cups of cashews to a glass bowl and pour over a cup of boiling water. Allow to soak while you sauté the chicken thighs and veggies.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté, and add avocado oil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and brown in batches in instant pot. When browned set aside on plate.
- Add, onions, carrots, and garlic to the instant pot and sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Pour water in water and deglaze bottom of pot. Stir in better than bouillon, and place the chicken thighs back into pot.
- Place on lid, and set for manual 12 minutes. Allow to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- While that is cooking, you can whip up your cashew cream, pour the cashews and soaking water into a high speed blender and blend in high until smooth, set aside.
- When the pot is done and pressure has been released, remove chicken from pot and shred. Return to pot.
- Set pot back to sauté and add your gnocchi, allow to simmer 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi float to the top, add in spinach and pour in your cashew cream.
- Serve and devour. 😋