Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Instant Pot®️ Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 1 lb Bacon, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 5 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Red Potatoes, peel and diced
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 2 Celery, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cup Heavy Cream or Half and Half
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Sour Cream
- Reserved Bacon
- Crusty French Baguette
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Brown bacon, set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Save for serving. Keep the bacon grease in the pot, you're going to use it to sauté to veggies.
- Add carrots, onion, celery and potatoes to the Instant Pot, and sauté 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken stock, thyme and bay leaf to pot, place lid on pot and set on manual for 8 minutes. Quick release. I like to smash up some of the potatoes to thicken it up a bit. Add heavy cream, allow to simmer a few minutes. Serve with favorite toppings, and crusty baguette for dipping.